ANNE KANGAS, L.C.S.W. (#LCS 14384), our Clinical Consultant, is available to consult with families and offer parenting support. She also offers guidance to the teachers in the classroom. Her specialty is early intervention, child trauma, adoption, developmental difficulties, and family issues.
At Mandala, part of our mission is supporting families. By offering on-site consultation and coaching to families, we help parents with the challenges of parenting young children in today’s complex world. Our social worker and our occupational therapist work together to support parents and children at Mandala.
WHAT SERVICES DOES THE SOCIAL WORKER OFFER?
Our Clinical Social Worker works collaboratively with our Director of Family Resources to offer:
- Child Development Information
- Techniques for Dealing with Difficult Behaviors
- Parent Coaching & Guidance
- Positive Discipline Strategies
- “Did You Know?” Parenting Newsletters
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH THESE COMMON CHALLENGES
In spite of the best parenting in the world, many parents find themselves faced with one of more of these typical dilemmas:
- Classic Childhood Problems…such as toileting, bedtime, sibling rivalry, and separation anxiety.
- Parenting & Discipline…such as whining, defiance, temper tantrums, and setting boundaries.
- Worrisome Behaviors…such as fears, nightmares, sexual play, bathroom language, etc.
- Developmental Issues…such as speech/language delays, sensory sensitivities, or learning difficulties.
- Transitions…adoption, separation or divorce, death, new baby, hospitalization, family problems, etc.
TO CONTACT OUR SOCIAL WORKER
ANNE KANGAS, L.C.S.W. consults with Mandala regularly, but is not currently on campus. You may reach her by leaving a message with the Mandala office at (408) 251-8633 or email her at email@example.com. Anne also has a Private Practice: (408) 259-3163.