Anne Kangas, L.C.S.W. (#LCS 14384) works on site as our Family Services Director. Her job is to support families and assist children in healthy emotional development. She also supports the teachers in the classroom. With over 30 years of experience as a child and adult therapist, her specialty is early intervention, child trauma, adoption, developmental difficulties, and family issues.
At Mandala, part of our mission is supporting families. Parenting is one of the most important jobs in the world, but it is also one of the most challenging. Our Family & Child Services Program helps parents be better parents. By offering on-site consultation and coaching to families, we help parents understand their children and truly meet their needs. We help parents learn parenting skills and coping strategies. Parents feel less isolated and alone at Mandala because we work in partnership to nurture their child.
WHAT SERVICES DOES THE SOCIAL WORKER OFFER?
Our Clinical Social Worker is available as a resource for parents, teachers and staff to provide:
- Information about parenting and child development
- Counseling for children and parents
- Classroom Observation and Teacher Consultation
- Suggestions for dealing with problem behaviors and talking about difficult subjects
- Crisis Support for adults and children
- Resources for Special Needs (physical, emotional, educational)
- Parent Workshops and Support Groups
- Parent Resource Library (books, tapes, videos on loan)
- Newsletters and Did You Know? bulletins (parenting topics and advice)
Our social worker and our occupational therapist work together to assist the classroom and to support parents and children at Mandala.
PARENT GUIDANCE CAN HELP YOU WITH…
Discipline Developmental Differences Single Parenting
Toileting, Eating, Bedtime
Worrisome Behaviors Family Problems Adoption Issues
Separation/ Divorce, Death
New Baby/New Home
Hospitalization, Trauma or Loss
Fears and Nightmares
Sexual Play/“Bathroom” Language
Telling the Story
Creating a Lifebook
CONTACTING OUR SOCIAL WORKER
Anne is in the Mandala office Monday-Thursday. You may come in or call her at (408) 251-8633 x14 and leave a confidential message. She will talk with you over the phone or set up a time to meet privately in her office. You may also email her at email@example.com. Anne also has a Private Practice and her confidential voicemail is (408) 259-3163.