CHILD CARE + MONTESSORI PRESCHOOL
Mandala offers subsidized child care for young children in our program through our contract with the State Department of Education. Children are cared for in the nurturing home environment of licensed family child care homes and they are also given a preschool experience in the Mandala classroom.
MANDALA CHILDCARE NETWORK
We have a network of 10-12 family child care providers who are licensed by Community Care Licensing and monitored by the State of California, Department of Education. They affiliate with Mandala because of the extra support and training they receive. They are part of our “Mandala community.”
HOW DO PARENTS FIND CHILDCARE AT MANDALA
Interested parents should talk with our Child Care Program Manager, Mary McDonald. She will work with you to help you find what you need.
If there are immediate openings in the state-subsidized program, our Child Care Manager will ask parents about their eligibility and she will tell them how to proceed. If there are no current openings, parents may be put on our waiting list. When a slot opens, they will be called to see if they meet the eligibility criteria and are still interested.
To receive state-subsidized childcare services, families must meet certain criteria:
- Family is employed or in a training program or looking for employment.
- Family is income-eligible, as verified by their most recent pay stub or letter from employer.
- Family is homeless and parents are seeking permanent housing.
- Family is referred by Child Protective Services.
- A parent is medically or mentally unable to provide child care for their child and this is verified by a legally qualified professional.
- The child has a medical or psychiatric special need, including children with exceptional needs, which cannot be met without provision of services, verified by a legally qualified professional.
Fees for child care services are based on a sliding scale. They are reviewed at least once a year. Fees are “family fees.” It is the responsibility of parents receiving subsidized childcare to inform Mandala of any changes in their income. Failure to notify us is considered fraud.
CHILD CARE REFERRAL LIST – Choice of Provider
Parents who need child care are given our Child Care Referral List and may visit all our available homes. They may choose which licensed child care provider in the Mandala Network will care for their child, subject to availability. Only childcare providers who have contracted with Mandala Children’s House are used. A parent may change child care providers within the network at any time, or when a space becomes available.
NOTE: A Mandala referral does not imply a recommendation, and we urge parents to carefully review and check references before leaving a child in care.
OFFICE HOURS: Tuesday – Friday (9:00 – 4:00 PM)
(409) 251-8633 x11 or email@example.com