ANNE KANGAS, L.C.S.W. (#LCS 14384) is available to consult with families and offer parenting support. She also offers guidance to the teachers in the classroom. Her specialty is early intervention, child trauma, adoption, developmental difficulties, and family issues.
At Mandala, part of our mission is supporting families. By offering on-site consultation and coaching to families, we help parents with the challenges of parenting young children in today’s complex world. Our social worker and our occupational therapist work together to support parents and children at Mandala.
WHAT SERVICES DOES THE SOCIAL WORKER OFFER?
Our Clinical Social Worker is available as a resource for parents, teachers and staff to provide:
- Child Development Information
- Techniques for Dealing with Difficult Behaviors
- Parent Coaching & Guidance
- Positive Discipline Strategies
- Parent Workshops & Education
- Parent Resource Library
- “Did You Know?” Parenting Newsletters
- Resources and Referrals
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH THESE COMMON CHALLENGES
In spite of the best parenting in the world, many parents find themselves faced with one of more of these typical dilemmas:
- Classic Childhood Problems…such as toileting, bedtime, sibling rivalry, and separation anxiety.
- Parenting & Discipline…such as whiting, defiance, temper tantrums, and setting boundaries.
- Worrisome Behaviors…such as fears, nightmares, sexual play, bathroom language, etc.
- Developmental Issues…such as speech/language delays, sensory sensitivities, or learning difficulties.
- Transitions…adoption, separation or divorce, death, new baby, hospitalization, family problems, etc.
TO CONTACT OUR SOCIAL WORKER
ANNE KANGAS, L.C.S.W. is in the Mandala office Monday-Wednesday from 8:15-4:00. You may reach her at (408) 251-8633 x 14 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anne also has a Private Practice: (408) 259-3163.