Founded in 1975, Mandala Children’s House was created to serve the children and families of the East Foothills community of San Jose. The school curriculum follows a developmental model enhanced by the learning practice of Maria Montessori.
The mandala is a universal symbol representing wholeness and harmony. We chose Mandala as the name for our school because it symbolizes our commitment to the development of the whole child.
A preschool education at Mandala grows the whole person. Academics are highly valued, as is emotional literacy and character development. We respect and nurture a child’s spirit. We honor the individuality of each child. Children who complete our program take with them a foundation of personal and cognitive skills necessary for future success throughout life.
Our Values at Mandala
- Providing an education for the whole child: mind, body, spirit.
- Nurturing the child and supporting the family.
- Supporting cultural, religious, ethnic, and social-economic diversity that is representation of our community.
- Modeling communication and creative problem-solving for children and adults alike.
- Creating an environment where teachers, staff, and child care providers can learn and thrive through support of their personal, as well as professional, growth.
- Sustaining a harmony between the needs of the individual and the needs of the whole program.